Saturday, September 11, 2010

day 108 - there's a new chef in town




a
M and G have been taking turns preparing dinner with me for the past couple of weeks. Tonight was M's turn. She very politely followed directions and helped me prepare our main dish.
a
When we were done she said, "OK, now its my turn. I need tomatoes, oregano, basil, apples, strawberries, oil, salt and pepper and vanilla." I must admit, I was intrigued. We gathered the ingredients and talked a little about her plan.
a
Her first "side" (her term - we've been watching too much Top Chef) was a tomato & oregano pasta salad. She tasted it and didn't think the vanilla would be so great...I agreed. I introduced a new ingredient: balsalmic vinegar. (note: she would not allow me to taste anything until Daddy came home and we sat down for dinner.)
a
Her second "side" was strawberries and apples with a dipping sauce. She couldn't figure out how to get the vanilla and basil together...I suggested Greek yougurt. After tasting, she decided it needed a little honey. (again, no tasting on my part)
a
Finally, Daddy got home and we were allowed to taste the dishes. They were amazing!! I'll be making the basil/vanilla/honey yougurt dipping sauce again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment