Tuesday, January 25, 2011

day 135 - sabbatical

You might have noticed that I've been on a bit of a hiatus from blogging.

The reason is actually very simple: I've been on a sabbatical.

I know, I know...some of you are rolling your eyes - but really, according to Wikipedia:

"sabbatical (from Latin sabbaticus, from Greek sabbatikos, from Hebrew shabbat, i.e. Sabbath, literally a "ceasing") is a rest from work, or a hiatus, often lasting from two months to a year...In recent times, "sabbatical" has come to mean any extended absence in the career of an individual to achieve somthing."

So here's how my "situation" fits the definition above:

1. As my last post was on November 19, 2010, I literally ceased posting for exactly 2 months and 5 days. (I'm actually about 110 days behind...but who's counting?)

2. I voluntarily took an extended leave of absence from my new "career" as blog-ess.

3. I achieved...well, I didn't really achieve much - but I have been keeping track of posts and I'm pretty sure I can make up for every missed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment